Welcome to the heat wave! 94 degrees before Memorial Day…whaaat?? Where did the spring weather go? Okay, enough about the weather because we have super exciting things to share with each of you. God has shown up for this ministry since day one and He is not showing signs of letting up any time soon. The blessings just keep coming and coming and coming. It is actually quite mind blowing. Let us share with you just a few of these miracles:
“Unlocking New Beginnings” – NMLD’s inaugural fundraiser was a HUGE success!! This event was completely planned by a senior experience class at Metro State University under the leadership of Professor Andrea Peterson. These ten ladies did an exceptional job and we could not have asked for a more dedicated team. The event was held at the Butterfly Pavilion in Westminster, Colorado, and included activity stations where guests were able to experience some of the things, feelings, and emotions that incarcerated women encounter, both in prison and upon their release into the community. One hundred and forty-two guests attended the event and we raised $33,083.00 in a combination of special gifts and monthly support for NMLD. What an AMAZING evening! Praise God!
Jenny received a phone call about a week ago from her Uncle Alan and Aunt Cathy and they asked her if she would be interested in their 2004 Honda Accord with only 93,000 miles for the ministry. What do you think her response was? A new office on wheels for NMLD? Yahooooo!!!!! What a selfless and Jesus honoring donation! Many thanks!!
Jenny was invited to speak and to give her testimony at an event for TRI (The Re-Entry Initiative) and the support she received was overwhelming. She even received a standing ovation! TRI is working very hard to solve the housing problem for returning citizens. NMLD partnered with TRI in January 2018 and we recently decided to tithe to this organization. NMLD proudly donated $1800.00 to TRI and this money will provide one month’s worth of rent for 3 deserving female returning citizens. What an honor to work with this organization.
In April 2018 NMLD officially formed its advisory Board of Directors. This board is made up of 10 people and the most exciting thing about these wonderful people is that, in total, they have over 20 decades of ministry and business experience. God hand picked each of these people and we could not be happier with the unique gifts and talents that have been added to this ministry by each of these dedicated individuals. Thank you to Jenny,Bruce, Marla, Steve H., Steve P., Andrea, Cindy, Clint, Tony, and Lauren. We love and appreciate each of you.
Jenny is continuing to attend weekend CAC (certified addiction counselor) classes and has begun clinical supervision. Jenny is nearing the end of her first 1000 hours (of the required 5000 hours) to obtain her CAC III license. Please continue to PRAY that Jenny is given grace by DORA (Department of Regulatory Agencies), as her past record has to be closely examined and deemed acceptable, in order for her license to be approved.
Last, but not least, in the blessings category is this:
Jenny was introduced to an AMAZING lady, and after they met for lunch and had an awesome time, she told Jenny that she and her husband wanted to bless our ministry with $300 a month of Amway Products for the Joy Bags. John and Mandie have these products sent right to Jenny’s doorstep and they are the most luxurious and pampering products Jenny could imagine for her girls. How cool is this? The girls even get vitamins in their Joy Bags now. Hallelujah!!
Thank you for your steadfast belief in this ministry.
We will continue to pray for each one of you!!
Thanksgiving Newsletter 2017 Edition
Happy Thanksgiving to each of you! My hope is that you have many things to be thankful for this year. I am extremely thankful for you.
Jesus is on fire for this ministry and No More Locked Doors has so much to be thankful for. I would like to highlight a few of the incredible blessings we have received:
1. Our 501(c)3 was filed, paid for, and approved by the IRS.
2. Our state tax exemption was filed and approved.
3. An exemplary auto repair shop has promised to take care of all current and future car repairs free of charge. This is a HUGE contribution, as the car being used for this ministry is 17 years old.
4. Our website and Facebook page is up and running. Thank you to Jesus for making Jenny smart enough to figure out the technology!
5. Our business cards have been designed and printed and look super neat.
6. Jenny has been accepted into the DLI (Denver Leadership Initiative) program. This year long mentoring program will include many ministry leaders, as participants, and we will learn about building competency, reigniting our calling, creating community, and building unity within the Body of Christ. This is an exceptional opportunity to meet, grow with, and learn from other believers.
7. Jenny is working on getting a grant that will cover the cost of her CAC (Certified Addiction Counselor) classes and certifications. These certifications will be crucial for credibility within the prison system. In addition, the training will be excellent and it will provide income opportunities for Jenny in the future.
8. Jenny’s “pay-the-bills” job has graciously agreed to allow her to work Monday through Wednesday, starting in January, so that she can focus on her ministry the rest of the time. This is imperative for the “72 hour concept” to take place with the women.
9. Jesus has touched the hearts of many and over $3500.00 in special gift donations have been given. In addition, a wireless printer, copy paper, perfume, shampoo, shower gel, and bath puffs have been donated.
Hallelujah!! God has exceeded our wildest expectations. We do have some specific prayer requests and they are as follows:
1. Jenny will be meeting with different prison officials over the next several weeks to present NMLD and to ask them for help in identifying the women that will benefit the most from this mentoring ministry. Please pray for wisdom in what to say and a favorable reception.
2. Continue to pray for the ministry and its God given direction.
3. Continue to pray for Jenny and her protection throughout this process.
4. NMLD has a monthly budget of $1800.00 and currently needs several more monthly supporters to become fully funded. Please pray that God puts the right people in Jenny’s path and that He guides their hearts accordingly.
5. Please pray for the health, safety, and readiness for the women that are currently incarcerated and anticipating release.
Thank you for your steadfast belief in this ministry. We will continue to pray for each one of you!!